When you upload an image to Instagram, it’s often times automatically resized to fit the dimensions of the profile picture. If you want to adjust the dimensions yourself, it can be a bit of a challenge. In this article, we’ll show you how to resize an image for Instagram in a simple and easy way. By following our tips, you’ll be able to resize your images to fit any size or shape profile picture with ease!
How to resize an image for Instagram
If you want to resize an image for Instagram, you can use the same steps as you would for any other photo editing program. Just make sure to export your image as a JPG or PNG file with a size of 900 pixels wide by 600 pixels high. Then follow these steps:
- Open the image in your photo editing program.
- Click on the “Image” tab and select “Scale Image” from the drop-down menu.
- Drag the bottom left corner of the image until it is just below the top right corner of the screen. Do not drag outside of the border of the window.
- Use the slider to specify how much size you want to increase or decrease the image by. The more you drag, the larger or smaller your image will become.
- When you’re done, click “OK” to save your changes and close out of your photo editing program.
Tips for resizing an image for Instagram
- Open the image you want to resize in a photo editing program.
- Click the Edit button and choose Resize from the menu bar.
- Enter the new dimensions of your image in width and height fields and click OK.
- If you want to crop the image, select it first and then use the cropping tool to cut off portions of the image that you don’t want to include in your final post.
How to save an image as a file for later use
To resize an image for Instagram, follow these simple steps:
- Choose the image you want to resize and open it in a compatible photo editing software.
- In the application’s toolbar, click on the “Resize” button.
- While still in the “Resize” window, change the width and height values according to your desired dimensions. Click on OK when finished.
If you’re like most Instagram users, you probably have a ton of images stored on your device that you’d love to share with the world. But before you can upload them to Instagram, you first need to resize them so they’ll fit properly in the platform’s narrow column width. In this guide, we’ll show you how to resize an image for Instagram using both the free and paid versions of the app. Whether you’re just starting out or have been using Instagram for years, our guide will help you get your pictures up on the social media platform in no time.